This is it my final year of high school,and Im so excited. The stress of the cost of Senior year and graduating may add stress but, the fun of friends and football games makes it worthwhile. In a way it is sad that soon enough we will no longer be walking the halls and soon be going to college full time or working, making our own living. I wish when I was a freshmen I would have realized that those grades would start my GPA off that would determine what college I would be able to get into or the scholarships I would have been able to apply for. I cant change what happened freshmen or sophomore year to my grades but I am certainly making up for it now. Dual enrolling is a challenge with going to high school the whole day and then still having to work on homework from both school and Mott, but this will help me prepare for college life. Getting some of the general classes I need to get my degree was one of the best things I have ever done. After the summer of 2011 I will be able to be a sophomore at a four year school or stay at Mott and finish my degree. Whatever I choose or can afford I will be more prepared for whats to come.
Being a Senior you basically get away with anything and everything, we are at the top of the school. Its something you wait for your whole high school career. The drama, friends, team sports, and many other things are something you have to look forward to when the new school year starts. The school spirit is always so alive around this time of year because it is football season, we also celebrate homecoming and of coarse all of the events included in that. There are two words to describe the best homecoming event besides the homecoming dance and, that is powder puff! Being a Junior during powder puff you are always chosen to lose, and we did. The score was tied and it was almost the last play of the game but there was a penalty. This penalty we really don't like to talk about because it was a totally legal block but cost us 15 yards and a touchdown. But with that all behind us and now that we have a better idea of what we are doing we should have no problem.
Once football season is over, along with Christmas break, hockey season, and spring break we have to began the final steps to graduating. Ordering our caps and gowns, honors night, swing out, and commencement are those steps that make us high school graduates. This is the next event to be excited about in our young lives, it will be weird to not have to school after summer break all day without seeing the same people you see everyday at school, and to think about things like the next big game or what drama is going on that week. It time we make a change towards our futures and grow up into successful adults.
Since high school has been long gone for me for a very very long time, you may not want to hear my days of old comments :)
ReplyDeleteI do how ever remember how it was being the senior, and ruling the hallways. As high school becomes part of our out come of credits, as we start the freshman year, I think the only thing on your mind, is how do I fit in. You really don't think to much on what you need to graduate with, only when is the first football game. As a freshman, you try to think of all the cool activities to join to start that popular process and then go on from there. I remember being part of just about everything. I was a cheerleader, played powderpuff, swim team, track, softball and choir. It is hard to maintain all your grades and meeting all the activities. You were either a jock, preppy or burnout and I fit into everyone, but stood my ground of who I am. Your maturity level is higher than most by seeing your fault of the first 2 years, and making it up by cramming as much as you can to graduate. My hat is off to you, and may your last year of high school be memorable.
Congratulations on your senior year. It's an unforgettable experience. The feeling of embarking on the unexperienced freedom of independence is exhilarating. Let me tell you, after high school, the years seem to fly by at the speed of lightening. Enjoy your last year!
ReplyDeleteEveryone always looks back after they graduate and wish they could be back in high school, however I don't. High school was fun and way easier, but I like moving forward and seeing what the real life has to bring. Like you said, I also wish that I would have realized my freshman year that I needed to study hard because I took the easy way out; with as little of classes required and the rest were pre-reqs. I would have been farther ahead when I graduated had I realized this!
ReplyDeleteLooking back into what you have done throughout your high school career is just something everyone does. Do not look back and think about what you did not do look back at how amazing it was and everything you learned and accomplished throughout your time there. High school is an experience you can never relive and it is one of the experiences that molds who you are and who you will become. Make the best out of it!
ReplyDeleteI too am a senior! I honestly cannot wait to just kind of get out of this place. While I have thoroughly enjoyed my years at NBHS, I am definitely ready to start "writing that next chapter in my life." I'm doing my best to make as many memories this year and have a fantastic last year and I wish that for you as well!
ReplyDeleteIm sure that most freshman think that grades are of no use and it will take forever to graduation. i also wish that i would have paid more attention in my high school classes. Im sure you do just fine in college, now that you know hard work and Dedication will pay off in the long run.
ReplyDelete