Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Reading

Reading has become an addiction for me. I use to hate it, sitting down to look at a bunch of words, sentences, and pages, but not understanding anything that they were saying. I would get so distracted I would reads the same paragraph over and over again, so that I could try to read what it was saying but not having the interest to care.

It all started during the summer I was told about so books that I should read, and in my head I knew I would. All my friends read and actually loved it. Recommendations were always coming to me but I would pay no attention. I finally said, I’m going to try to read this book and actually like it. this book opened up so many new ideas on life, I finally found a book that held my interest and made me want to continue reading. I started to checkout Nemours books at a time pushing myself to read them, to finish them. I would try to find books with incredible stories, stories that were on the darker side of the fiction world. These books gave me grave interest and the emotion written behind them I felt. It amazed me how I use to never read, not for assignments, not for fun. I always thought people who read for fun were just plain nuts. I am now one of those crazy readers.
The sad thing is I have become very busy in the last months and I have been deprived from reading the stories that fill my mind and increase my outlook on certain things in life. If I set goals to my reading I should be able to sit myself down and reach them. Enlighten the thoughts that create the different outlooks I have on each individual book or series. I only wish reading was the only thing I had to do in life, then I would be very content.

5 comments:

  1. I also love reading very much. Like you, I am unfortunately unable to read during certain times each year, mainly while I'm in school. During the summer, I read like a maniac. I plowed through many series and trilogies, and my mom would scold me for immersing myself in literature when I was at home. It's great that you now have a passion for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. Reading is something, I feel, that each person should do for recreation. It feeds the mind and it is very relaxing. That book jacket looks like it would be a great book to read, and now I think I will have to do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely used to hate reading up until last year when my sister introduced me to the Twilight books. I read the whole series within a week. After that, I realized I loved to read as long as the book is full of details and keeps me focused. Reading is my new hobby as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to read a lot when I was a kid. I remember reading one series of books in a week I think it was. I sometimes think on why i have stopped. I might just have to pick it back up sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read as well. One thing I like about summer is it affords me the opportunity to read what I like to read instead of reading for work or school.

    ReplyDelete